Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Caramel Apple Advancement

Must. Have. Caramel Apples.  There has been a BIG advancement in caramel apple making, have you heard?  Kraft has started selling Caramel Bits.  Tiny unwrapped balls of caramel ready for melting!

No more unwrapping those cellophane wrappers.  No more static cling as you try to set them down.  Just open the bag and pour them into the saucepan to melt.  Genius.

And for those who want to follow my example, I have been skipping the melting step all together.  I cut up a Honey Crisp apple, put the apple chunks in a bowl and pour the unmelted caramel bits around them like filling a moat.  Then as I snack, I eat a slice of apple, pop a few caramel bits in my mouth.  Repeat.  No fuss, no muss, but still all the caramel apple taste that I want in October.  Thank you, Kraft!      

No comments: