Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lovely Locket

Sometimes jewelry making is as simple as keeping your eye out for the perfect piece!

I lucked out when I found this vintage-style locket in the jewelry department of the craft store.  That's right, the craft store. Displayed as part of a series of lockets and charms. 

Two metal doves, a mother-of-pearl looking locket rimmed with faux diamonds and pearls - what more could a girl want?  I bought this pendant as is and hung it from a double strand of tiny champagne-colored pearlized beads.  I had the tiny beads at home and all I had to do was string them on a wire and add a clasp to make this lovely locket look like an antique.

My suggestion is that you keep your eye out at craft stores, antique malls and everywhere in between.  You never know when you'll find something special.  Take a look at this pretty pendant - it could be the perfect touch. 

No comments: