Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Paris: Delight in the City of Light note

You can only imagine how happy I was to receive this note!  My friend had given my book (Paris: Delight in the City of Light) to one of her colleagues as a gift to celebrate an upcoming mother/daughter trip to Paris.

The note is from her colleague to me saying how much fun she had in Paris and how my suggestions enhanced her trip.  Magnifique!  She even included a tea bag (Le Melange Fauchon blend) from Fauchon for me to enjoy - isn't that the nicest thing!  I am going to drink it today and savour a little bit of Paris myself.

What made this note so special was the mind-blowing line "On the flight over, we passed your book through the plane."  I think my heart stopped.  Can you think of anything more gratifying for an author/photographer than to hear that a plane full of people flying to Paris, had the chance to be inspired by my book?  I have a pretty good imagination, but I never thought of this.

Thank you, dear reader, for letting me know how much you enjoyed Paris: Delight in the City of Light
 
You can buy "Paris: Delight in the City of Light" in the sidebar on the right or International Customers, you can purchase it through Amazon.

2 comments:

Broken Barn Industries said...

Joy is a powerful thing like that- I'm not surprised at all that your book got passed around. What an honor for you!

Kimmers said...

Oh my gosh! And think of how much fun it was for everyone sitting on that long plane ride to have someone pass your book back to them! A few moments of delight for everyone!